Friday, January 2, 2009

Cyber Space Pens - Really … Eighty Years


Did you get a Fisher Space Pen for Christmas?  Sadly, I did not.  I did give one as a gift and it did turn out to be a nice little conversation piece.  These pens really are great and I enjoy talking about them … to an annoying degree sometimes I am afraid … but I love when I get to the point of mentioning the Lifetime Pens.  No one ever believes me when I tell them that these pens will last about eighty years without running out of ink.  It goes the same way each time, they keep saying something like, “It won’t run out of ink? … You mean without a refill? … How is that possible?”  They never end up believing me!

It is in fact true that the Lifetime Pens will not run out of ink in the average person’s life span.  I do not know how it is possible, and I do not care … I kind of like the mystery.  I only know that a pen from this series this is not the pen for me, because I tend to lose things like pens, and keys, and cell phones.  This is the pen for the person who can keep track of it for eighty or so years, and who can afford it or has friends who can afford to gift it as a gift.  (It costs a wee bit more than a Bic)

There are three varieties in the Lifetime Series (I keep thinking of television made for women), the Millenium Pens, the Millenium II Pens, and the Mars Pens.  All of them come with Bold points and either blue or black ink.  The Millenium Pens have a Chrome finish, while the Millenium II and the Mars Pens have Titanium Nitride Finishes in either black or gold. 

These really are the ultimate pens.

Cyber Space Pens Team

No comments: